Good afternoon everyone!
For me, August is looking like it will be a pretty busy month, so I decided to focus a lot more on staying organized. This month is the first month that I’m using a planner alongside my bullet journal, which I’m hoping will help keep me organized and on track with things as I start my senior year in high school!
I’ve been keeping up with my bullet journal pretty regularly since I started bullet journaling about a year and a half ago. Before I was introduced to bullet journaling, I always loved the idea of writing daily journal entries and I loved the feeling of having a planner. However, I noticed that planners I bought never really had the right blocks of space for what I wanted to write in them. I love the bullet journal system because it’s totally customizable and can be as extravagant or as minimalist as you like! (I especially love being able to switch between the two.)
This month, I went with a bit more of a minimalist spread, mostly because I don’t need a calendar in my bullet journal since I have my planner. Instead, I filled the second page of the spread with my goals for the month and a motivational card I bought at Hallmark.
(Note: I am not a visual artist as you may be able to tell from my inability to draw one straight line! We all make mistakes sometimes!)
My journal prompts this month came from a variety of sources online. Usually when I create my monthly spreads, I search for monthly journal prompts on google images!
August’s journal prompts are:
- Things that cross your mind a lot
- What do you wish for at 11:11?
- What are some little things that make you happy?
- Five places you’d like to visit and why
- What is your favorite quote?
- What feels like home to you?
- Where do you want to be in life?
- How do you plan on getting there?
- Given unlimited time and resources, what would you most like to study?
- Five things you hope for
- What words/images draw you in?
- What are you thankful for?
- Five things you would like to do more
- Write down something you are stressed about, and why it’s okay
- The best thing that happened this week
- A book that has influenced your life
- What do you love about yourself?
- Something you are excited for
- Write about someone you love
- Five things to do less often
- What do you feel strongly about?
- How have you changed in the past year?
- Something you are proud of
- Who would you invite to an imaginary dinner party?
- What do you need to be content?
- One thing you dream of doing
- What would you be doing if money was no object?
- Your favorite season and why
- Five ways to win your heart
- Five words/phrases that make you laugh
- Something that you miss
I hope the back to school season is a productive and happy time for everyone and the year that follows will be a good one!